Here are some suggestions for homeowners for spring cleaning:
- Declutter: Start by going through your home and getting rid of any items that you no longer need or use. Donate or sell items that are still in good condition and dispose of the rest.
- Deep clean: Thoroughly clean all surfaces, including floors, countertops, and walls. Don’t forget to dust off your furniture and other decorative items.
- Clean windows and curtains: Take down your curtains and wash them or send them to the dry cleaner. Clean your windows inside and out.
- Service your HVAC system: Have a professional come in and service your heating and cooling system to ensure it’s running efficiently.
- Check smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors: Replace batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors and test them to make sure they’re working properly.
- Clean out gutters and downspouts: Remove any debris that may have collected in your gutters and downspouts over the winter.
- Pressure wash: Use a pressure washer to clean your home’s exterior, patio, deck, and driveway.
- Organize your garage: If you have a garage, use this time to organize it. Get rid of any items you no longer need and create a more efficient storage system for the items you do need.
- Clean out your fridge and pantry: Remove any expired food items and organize your pantry and fridge so that you can easily find what you need.
- Clean your outdoor furniture: Get your outdoor furniture ready for the summer by cleaning it thoroughly.
Remember to take breaks and stay hydrated while you’re doing your spring cleaning. Good luck!